21 August 2012

Garden Ramones

When I was about seven, I found the Ramones at the bottom of my garden. Tommy, Johnny, Joey and Dee Dee; all about six inches in height and they were sat around a tiny table, laughing and playing poker with tiny cards. Of course, I was seven, I had no idea who the Ramones where and didn't even think to question why a quartet of tiny, American, punk-pioneers were doing in Liverpool beneath a perennial. You do that when you're a kid, don't you? You just accept stuff.

Anyway, they were freaking out. Looking back I think it was the size difference, I must have seemed terrifying from their perspective. They vanished into the other plants, leaving only the small table, cards and tiny chips. Dee Dee had a high flush and had tricked the others into betting big, so now understanding the rules of poker, I feel quite bad.

I've never been able to listen to their music without an album cover nearby. So I can see them to scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment